LOCALISATION WORKING GROUP
The mission of Localisation Working Group (LWG) is to settle common railways requirements on the expected behaviour of a train localisation system in an ERTMS and RCA environment to tackle current criticalities and possible future needs and to explore innovative solutions to fulfil such requirements in a cost effective way.
The objectives of the Train Localisation Group are:
- To set and provide users’ requirements (functional, performance, architectural, interfaces) for the evolution of the train localisation system with regard to the ERTMS and RCA environment.
- To share, learn, secure experiences of members or other actors (e.g. suppliers) and support the members regarding train localisation projects to compare different technologies and solutions to fulfil the users’ requirements.
- To establish relationship with all actors involved in the topic (ERA, GSA, ESA, EC, UNISIG, CER, S2R, UIC …) to share and propose train localisation system users input.
- To become one of the key actors of the satellite positioning game changer.
- To support the possible CBA analysis that the sector may carry out on the introduction of new technologies for train localisation.
- To support the development of the train localisation system architecture and its interfaces based on innovative solutions.
- To support the setting of common standards (possible Change Request to ERTMS specification) and develop a legal framework.
Deliverables and localisation-related documents of interest
Documents released under RCA project
- Digital Map Concept RCA.Doc46
- Solution Concept MAP RCA.Doc.54
- Digital Map Business Case RCA.Doc.55
- Digital Map Evaluation Onboard Map RCA.Doc.56
- Digital Map Evaluation Reference Model RCA.Doc.57
- Digital Map Preliminary Hazard Analysis RCA.Doc.58
- Digital Map System Definition RCA.Doc.59
- MAP Object Catalogue RCA.Doc.69 can be downloaded at the RCA Published Releases link
- MAP Quality Framework RCA.Doc.77
Documents released under OCORA project
Documents of interest
- LOC-OB Introduction
- LOC-OB System Definition and Operational Context
- LOC-OB Risk Analysis
- LOC-OB Requirements
GNSS AUGMENTATION Documents
- Augmentation SRS
- Augmentation Interface Control for GA-TS and GA-OB
- Augmentation System Functional Hazard Analysis