The engineering aspect of the ERTMS implementations.
The purpose of this activity is to collect and analyze 'real-life' trackside ERTMS issues (and related onboard issues) - both implemented and projected - related to (CCS TSI) standardised on board functionalities, to learn and share experiences about ERTMS application design. All results are described in Topic Descriptions or Internal Guidelines and - when deemed sufficiently broadly acceptable - collected in Guideline Proposals for discussion and potential dissemination.
On the other hand, the Engineers Support Group also organises specific workshops gathering different experts from other organisations of the railway sector.
The main activities and document hierarchy are depicted hereunder:
Some of the topics treated in the group are:
- 28 – Gradients Segmentation
- 66 – Transition from SV 1.Y to SV 2.Y L1/2/3 with NTC Fallback
- 67 – Level Transition from LNTC to L1 SV2.Y
- 68 – Handling of Level Crossings with BL3
- 69 – Automatic Track Ahead Free (ATAF) B3
- 72 – Level Transition from level STM to L1
- 74 – RBC-RBC Handover
- 76 – Border Crossings
For more information about the captures and topic descriptions, please contact your National Project Manager.